Re: Mingw32

Mumit,

 > James Ingham <jingham@cygnus.com> writes:
 > >
 > > This sounds cool.  How about all the socket and serial code handling
 > > stuff needed for remote targets?  Do you get all that working as well,
 > > or is this just for the native debugger?  I was under the impression
 > > that Windows did not have a Posix'y interface for these functions.
 >
 > Just a simple old native debugger, and that's why it was so easy to
 > do. The remote stuff will require need, time and expertise, all of
 > which I lack when it comes to gdb.

Yeah, that's what I guessed.  Converting the remote stuff would not be
all that hard, in that most of this stuff is somewhat layered out in
gdb.  On the other hand, THAT is what we mostly use Cygwin for, 'cause
it means we don't have to write Windows code in gdb to handle the
transport layer for remote debugging.  You could do it, but I guess
that I don't really see the point.  Cygwin works fine for this, and
converting to Mingw for these functions would probably just involve
ripping code out of Cygwin and stuffing it in gdb, which is not wise
for code maintainance...

Jim

--
Jim Ingham                                              jingham@cygnus.com