Successful build, but...

Peter,

 > Hi all,
 >
 > Using the latest snapshot and a little hand patching, I managed to build a m68k-coff-gdb.exe . It loads and displays symbols from a suitably compiled app, but doesn't show many of the source files. Do I need to copy all the source files (even ones from libraries) to the current directory?

If you have not moved the source files from wherever they were when
you built the executible, then gdb should find them automatically.  If
you did move the sources, then you can use the gdb "dir" command to
put their location in gdb's source search path.  Sorry, there is no
GUI for the "dir" command.  This would be a great little hack project
for anyone who wants to try their hand at Tcl/Tk (hint, hint...)

 > Also, next I want to create an m68k-bdm-coff-gdb.exe using bdm patches I have to gdb-4.18. Patching gdb is no problem, but what else do I need to change to allow me to access the extra commands that the bdm stuff adds to gdb?

If you are content to access them from the console, then nothing, just
use the console for the additional commands.  It will probably be more
convenient to add support for the target setup stuff to the target
selection dialog.  This is pretty straightforward, if you don't mind
grubbing around with Tcl/Tk a bit.  The code is all in
targetselection.ith and targetselection.itb, mostly the latter.  If
you have any questions, I will be glad to help out.

Jim

--
Jim Ingham                                              jingham@cygnus.com