Re: insight/334: Insight fails to run on system with tcl8.5

The following reply was made to PR insight/334; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Frank Duignan <frank.duignan@dit.ie>
To: insight-prs@sources.redhat.com, insight-gnats@sources.redhat.com,
	kseitz@sources.redhat.com, frank.duignan@dit.ie
Subject: Re: insight/334: Insight fails to run on system with tcl8.5
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 11:08:19 +0100 (BST)

 I've (temporarily) moved distro to ubuntu 9.04 which doesn't seem to
 exhibit the problem - didn't check to see which version of TCL was
 installed - I suspect it was an older one.  I've been using precompiled
 versions of insight as I describe here:
 http://eleceng.dit.ie/frank/arm/comstick
 I must go back to slackware current and see if I can get the latest
 insight going again.
 f.

 kseitz@sources.redhat.com wrote:

 >Synopsis: Insight fails to run on system with tcl8.5
 >
 >State-Changed-From-To: analyzed->feedback
 >State-Changed-By: kseitz
 >State-Changed-When: Thu Jul  2 15:17:38 2009
 >State-Changed-Why:
 >    Any luck with this? If not, you've got two options left: use CVS
 version of insight/gdb (which allows you to use the system-supplied
 tcl/tk/itcl/iwidgets) or manually configure the tcl, tk, itcl
 directories in the tree to make sure they are using the correct in-tree
 sources.

 This message has been scanned for content and viruses by the DIT Information Services E-Mail Scanning Service, and is believed to be clean. http://www.dit.ie