insight/205: compile on Win32 with mingw fails strangely

>Number:         205
>Category:       insight
>Synopsis:       compile on Win32 with mingw fails strangely
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Tue Jan 14 19:53:01 PST 2003
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     Daniel Miller
>Release:        5.2
I'm trying to build it using MinGW 2.0.  I'm running Cygwin Bash shell to do the build.

Configure ran fine, and generated a Makefile

When I run "bash make", though, it runs for awhile until it gets to configure-opcodes, and fails with:

        checking whether build environment is sane... "Sorry, IDE drive not detected"
followed by an illegal operation in "sh":

        SH caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL at 017f:bff7d762

Any idea why this is occuring, and how to bypass it??  BTW, I definitely *do* have a standard UDMA100 IDE drive...

>How-To-Repeat:
unzip source archive, install all recommended patches as documented on the web site, cd to <base path>/insight, run "bash ../src/configure", then run "bash make"...