Re: programmed gc mark and free sweeps...

"Lars J. Aas" <larsa@sim.no> writes:

> I've created some smobs which are hidden far into a subsystem of widgets,
> and I need to check that the correct ones are marked by the garbage
> collector.
> Is scm_gc_sweep() all I need to make Guile do the mark and sweep?

no, you need to call `scm_gc()' or `(gc)' from Scheme.

you can also call `(gc-set-debug-check-freelist! #t)', after which
every allocation will call GC.  this might be too slow, but is very
thorough.  you need to configure your Guile with
--enable-debug-freelist, and I'm not sure how widely it is used so it
might have bitrotted.

--
newsgroup volume is a measure of discontent.                 -- Erik Naggum