Re: I want to help the guile project

Mikael Djurfeldt <mdj@mdj.nada.kth.se> writes:

> * Go through the SRFI's at srfi.schemers.org and check with the Guile
>   code and us what already is provided, make us point out in the Guile
>   documentation that we have it, or have us make small adjustments to
>   Guile to be compliant when this is possible.  Or simply pick your
>   favourite SRFI and implement it.
>
>   Before doing any actual work, however, you should contact us since
>   there are other people working on some SRFIs.

I'd like to help get this done.  We're using a number of SRFI's in
guile right now, some of the code I snarfed, and some of which I
wrote.  Originally, I had thought I wanted to maintain a srfi
meta-package that had working code for guile, rscheme, stalin, etc,
but now I tend to think that It'd be better to just immediately
contribute the code back upstream when it's ready to go.

One of the problems I've got to go back and evaluate is licenses.  In
some cases I wanted to just grab the code from srfi.org and use that,
but I had trouble getting the licenses clarified.  I sent mail and
eventually was told "yep, that's a problem; we're working on it", but
nothing further.  I'll start poking in to this again.

Would any other people be interested in working on this with me?

Thanks

(We'll see if I actually make it through the spamfilters these days.
 Last time I didn't...)