Re: Redistributing Guile contributions

"Brad Knotwell" <knotwell@my-Deja.com> writes:

> does this mean it would be better, for hair-splitting political
> reasons, to recreate some/all of the work done by the people at
> Sourceforge and graciously donated to the software community?

Yeah.  :)

Actually, I've felt all along that Guile should be hosted at GNU.

We'll immediately get the same level of service as we have now, which
is *better* n. b. (not in range of services but in quality) than the
service at Sourceforge, due to their heavy load.

We'll then likely have greater freedom at setting up the various kinds
of services we might want to have.  At Sourceforge, we would be
limited to what is provided.

> Realizing this topic is volatile, I'll apologize in advance for
> bringing it up.

No problem.  It's already decided.