Re: flaming (Re: continuation and multi-threading)

Keisuke Nishida <kxn30@po.cwru.edu> writes:

> It actually slowed down the VM by almost 50.

Hmm, my code isn't finished yet, --- I am looking for a paper called
"Implementation Strategies for Continuations" but wasn't able to find
it --- , but I don't think allocating all closures on the heap is that
much expensive.

If I understand gambit's vm correctly it also allocates them
on the heap but uses certain optimization techniques to avoid them.

In any case, this shouldn't become Godot Part II (TM) and I'd like to
see your VM in the core as soon as possible.

Jost