Re: bug in modules?

[ Please post bug reports to <bug-guile@gnu.org>. ]

Ivan Toshkov <ivant@ifao.net> writes:

> Here is the test module, with missing closing paren:
>
> ---------------
> (define-module (test))
>
> (define (some-buggy-proc a)
>
> ---------------
>
> $ guile
> guile> (version)
> "1.4"
> guile> (use-modules (test))
> ERROR: In procedure list:
> ERROR: end of file in

I think the most useful thing to add here is the name of the file that
has the premature end.  This name might not be apparent when loading
modules.  I have done this.

> ABORT: (misc-error)
> guile> (use-modules (test))

It is a consequence of how the module system works that you do not
receive a second error message here.  The module is already loaded
(although not completely) and it will not be loaded again when you
request it another time.

One error message should be enough, I think.