Re: Challenge

From: "Peter C. Norton" <spacey@lenin.nu>
Subject: Challenge
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 21:50:51 -0700

> Who wants to convert a script from perl to guile?  I've got a script I
> whipped up to turn a template and some content into the guile web pages.  I
> think it's kinda silly that I've done it in perl, but I can't do it in
> guile.  Can you?  Can you do it better?
>
> Take a look at http://spacey.org/software/guile/template/template.pl and
> please send me something better.  Otherwise the guile pages will be
> maintained in perl.  Or C.  Or shell.  Or whatever seems good that day.
> Guile, however, is still too steep a learning curve for me.  Until the
> documentation cathes up, help me.

i'm giving this a try and i have a question that may be guile folks
can answer...

is there a convenient way of specifying the equivalent of $/ (or
$INPUT_RECORD_SEPARATOR) in guile?  i'd like to be able to read from a
port until a particular sequence of characters is reached.  but all
i've managed to find so far is `read-delimited' which lets you specify
a set of characters (DELIMS), any of which may terminate the reading.

thanks for any help.

p.s. to peter: i think there are some spurious pieces to the original
perl code (e.g. saving $/), is that correct?  i ask because i'd like
to be sure that i understand the code.