This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Guile project.
Re: Scheme profiler?
- To: Keisuke Nishida <kxn30 at po dot cwru dot edu>
- Subject: Re: Scheme profiler?
- From: Mikael Djurfeldt <mdj at mdj dot nada dot kth dot se>
- Date: 28 Jul 2000 03:20:44 +0200
- Cc: guile at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Cc: djurfeldt at nada dot kth dot se
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Reply-To: djurfeldt at nada dot kth dot se
Keisuke Nishida <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> I wrote:
> > Is there any Scheme code profiler that works with Guile?
> > It seems Guile's core (libguile/eval.c) has no such code in it.
> > Is it a good idea to work on this? (I guess the debug evaluator
> > may have such facilities...)
> This is actually fairly easy. Even the patch below gives some
> useful information:
Interesting idea. But we should use the already existing hooks.
There is something called the `apply-frame-handler' which is called
if you do
The same handler is called also if you do (debug-enable 'trace).
Look at the implementation of `trace' in (ice-9 debug) to see how to
use the handler.
If you reimplement your profiler using this handler, I'll include it
in the distribution.
[BTW, the arbitration between profiling and tracing might need some