This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Guile project.
Re: GUILE's GC - why we struggling to solve already solved problems ? (was Re: finding the top of the stack in linux)
- To: "Khimenko Victor" <guile at khim dot sch57 dot msk dot ru>
- Subject: Re: GUILE's GC - why we struggling to solve already solved problems ? (was Re: finding the top of the stack in linux)
- From: Mikael Djurfeldt <mdj at mdj dot nada dot kth dot se>
- Date: 28 Jul 2000 03:06:24 +0200
- Cc: hanwen at cs dot uu dot nl, guile at sourceware dot cygnus dot com, crayc at kiwi dot pyro dot net
- Cc: djurfeldt at nada dot kth dot se
- References: <email@example.com><ABlUpSv8P1@khim.sch57.msk.ru>
- Reply-To: djurfeldt at nada dot kth dot se
"Khimenko Victor" <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> But why the hell we are [...] not even using clearly
> appropriate parts (like stack placement finding subroitine) from ALREADY
> existing and TESTED solutions.
> we still can use parts of it to determine stack placement on
> different systems.
Would you be willing to cut out and prepare the stack finding code for
You don't need special Guile knowledge to do that. Only make sure
that identifiers are either static or have the prefix scm_.
The interface for finding top of main stack simply needs to return a
pointer. We need to discuss the interface for finding the top for the
rest of the threads.