Re: GUILE's GC - why we struggling to solve already solved problems ? (was Re: finding the top of the stack in linux)

"Khimenko Victor" <guile@khim.sch57.msk.ru> writes:

> But why the hell we are [...] not even using clearly
> appropriate parts (like stack placement finding subroitine) from ALREADY
> existing and TESTED solutions.

[...]

> we still can use parts of it to determine stack placement on
> different systems.

Would you be willing to cut out and prepare the stack finding code for
Guile?

You don't need special Guile knowledge to do that.  Only make sure
that identifiers are either static or have the prefix scm_.

The interface for finding top of main stack simply needs to return a
pointer.  We need to discuss the interface for finding the top for the
rest of the threads.