This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Guile project.
Re: [comp.lang.scheme] Re: I'm allergic to anything Java
- To: thi <ttn at netcom dot com>
- Subject: Re: [comp.lang.scheme] Re: I'm allergic to anything Java
- From: "Dale P. Smith" <dpsm at en dot com>
- Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 17:34:03 -0400
- CC: guile at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Organization: Altus Technologies Corporation.
- References: <email@example.com>
> anyone want to port brl to guile?
I was looking at doing that very thing. The older 1.x brl (non java)
just copied the text file, interpreting scheme code between [ ] pairs
with a read and eval. The newer 2.x brl that is java based has a
modified scheme reader that skips over ] [ pairs. It's kind of like
co-routines between html and scheme. I thought maybe something
could be done using read-hash-extend, decided it wouldn't work, and
stopped there. Since then I have been busy doing Real Work.
Dale P. Smith
Altus Technologies Corp.