Compiling Guile with non-gcc compilers

The official Guile policy is that Guile, as other GNU software, is
implemented in ANSI C.

This means that it should be possible to compile Guile with any
ANSI C compiler.

There are also system dependencies.  If we can make life easier for
people by including smaller patches to make Guile compile on other
systems than GNU, we are happy to do that.  It is definitely an aim to
have Guile portable.

Currently, all GNU dependencies should be tested by the configure
script and conditionally compiled.

If Keisuke's new VM has problems with this, this is something we have
to look at.  I have a VM design suggestion myself which is ANSI.