Re: debug evaluator is faster than regular one?

> Why?  Are there any machines on which gcc is not available?

I don't know.  But sometimes there are issues with calling conventions
(passing structs by value and what-not) and people need to use the native
compiler because they're linking with code that was compiled with the native
compiler.  I think instances like this are rare, but they happen.

--
Ian Grant, Computer Lab., New Museums Site, Pembroke Street, Cambridge
Phone: +44 1223 334420          Personal e-mail: iang at pobox dot com