How should I write a program?

First of all, hi everybody cos I'm new to this list
and guile world!!

Well, my question is about how should I write a
program that I'm
developing.
Some time ago I wrote a simple library to use
databases. Now, I want
to write a front-end to that library, with a command
interpreter and
the ability to run scripts.

I don't want that the user have to type scheme
sentences in the
command line, cos they are a bit large and are not
easier as simple
commands. For example, in the command line:
 (gdc) open test.gdc
And if I'm in a script:
 (gdc-open "test.gdc")

Well, I have think in making the command interpreter
convert the
entered line into a scheme line and then pass it to
the current
interpreter with the proper gh_ function. Then the
scheme interpreter
has to run the gdc_open function which is written in C
with it's
proper arguments.

Is this way of writing my program ok or should I write
it in another
form?

Thanks!

Another thing....... I can't send email to this list
from my real email address, from which I have
subscribed... It says that I'm on the ORBS list...

=====
Juli-Manel Merino Vidal
juli@correo.nu
http://members.xoom.com/jmmv