Re: Will guile ever have (or care about having) users?

I used Guile as an interactive extension language in a small molecular
graphics program I wrote.  I provided a window where one could edit and
evaluate small scheme programs.  There were probably better ways of doing
things but I ended up writing the text editor / REPL type stuff by hand.
Although I think it's crucially important for the core of Guile to stay
small and portable it would have made things a lot easier if there were a
standard interface with facilities for doing that kind of thing.

One could have, for example, functions like:
  ghX_create_REPL_window()
  ghX_process_REPL_window_event()
  ghX_close_REPL_window()
to create and manage a window that had a simple text editor and facilities
for evaluating Guile expressions.

Westley