Re: Making xfig drawings with scheme

Dirk Herrmann <dirk@ida.ing.tu-bs.de> writes:

 > On Thu, 20 Jul 2000, Ian Grant wrote:
 >
 > > I've used guile to draw some figures for a mathematician.  I had to do a lot
 > > of stuff with conics in strange positions and ordinary graphing packages
 > > didn't seem up to it.  So I threw this together (in a hurry - and I suspect my
 > > scheme skills have improved since I wrote it, but it works.)  You can get it
 > > from
 > >
 > >      http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~ig206/guile-fig.tar.gz
 > >
 > > It creates xfig drawings.  The test.scm example shoes how.  The following
 >
 > This is very cool and seems to be quite simple to use.  However, if I get
 > the fps fonts to work, this is probably the way to go for me, just because
 > it's a more 'complete' solution:  They have provided all of postscript on
 > the scheme level.

Not really.  Everything becomes a sequence of rather basic postscript
commands.  For example, it doesn't make use of the postscript looping
constructs and doesn't expose them to the scheme programmer.  So, for
example, a loop generating 1000 nested squares becomes 1000 postscript
polygon draw cmds instead of becomming a loop in postscript to
generate the nested squares.

--
Harvey Stein
Bloomberg LP