Re: graphics in scheme?

On Thu, 20 Jul 2000 rm@mamma.varadinet.de wrote:

> Depending on what level of abstraction you need there's also
> 'functional postscript' (current release can be found at
> ftp://ftp-swiss.ai.mit.edu/pub/su/scsh/contrib/fps/fps-1.0.tar.gz).
> I just spent some time 'porting' it to scheme (it was written
> for scheme48. BTW, is there any good documentation on scheme48
> besides what comes with the sources?), mainly as an exercise
> in understanding how to port from one module system to another
> so i can port the essence parser generator.

Thanks a lot for this very valuable hint.  However, I'm having problems
with fps-1.0 in combination with scsh-0.5.2 when I try to use
fonts.  Immediately after starting scsh and loading the fps package I do:

> (font "Helvetica" 12)

Error: exception
       (cdr '())

Hmm?  Have you also encountered this problem during your 'porting' and can
you give me a hint how to solve it?  (I also have contacted Olin Shivers
about it.)

Many thanks again:  This is exactly what I was looking for (if I get the
font thingy to work :-)

Dirk Herrmann