GC stuff

It's not hard to find the top of the stack. You just need to figure out
how to do it on your platform, and I guess we could just steal the code
from the Boehm GC. It's just that nobody did it before... a perpetual
problem with any project that depends on skilled volunteer labor.

The benchmarks showed that Boehm was slower, and subsequently it was
found that there wasn't much tuning to be done.

So, there's no reason to dump our current GC (until someone comes up
with better benchmark results for another GC).

I don't really understand why you people pay so much attention to
GC... all the stuff I've done with Guile, the run time is dominated by
I/O, and the the coding time is dominated by trying to understand or
work around the module system.

--
C. Ray C. aka Christopher Cramer
crayc@pyro.net