Re: GUILE's GC - why we struggling to solve already solved pr oblems ? (was Re: finding the top of the stack in linux)

jimb@savonarola.red-bean.com writes:
> > > I'm very interested in seeing the results of an actual try.  Would you
> > > be willing to try the experiment, and tell us how it goes?
> >
> > But wasn't that the very experiment han-wen conducted this morning?
>
> Han-wen says that was just a quick-and-dirty try.  It slowed down
> Guile by 70%, but I'm interested in seeing the result when folks make
> proper use of Boehm's stubborn allocation, precise marking, etc.

folks should also remember that you don't need to know about GUILE's
GC to do this: when you use Boehm, you can just junk most of gc.c

--

Han-Wen Nienhuys   |   hanwen@cs.uu.nl    | http://www.cs.uu.nl/~hanwen/