Re: guile as applications language

    I've been thinking very seriously of Guile Scheme as an applications
    language -- one language for both ``development'' and ``extension,''
    reflecting a belief that extension is just distributed development.

Emacs showed it is a good idea to write a substantial part of a
program in the language that you are offering users for extensibility.
So I agree with you.

    This recent talk reasserting the role of Guile as purely an extension
    language for apps otherwise written in C has made me have second
    thoughtss about trying to do serious app development in Guile. :)

That seems like possibly a misunderstanding.  When we emphasize that
Scheme is the GNU standard for an extension language, that doesn't
mean you shouldn't use it for writing your own code too!