This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Guile project.
Re: Translation for extension is a bad idea
- To: Brent Fulgham <brent dot fulgham at xpsystems dot com>
- Subject: Re: Translation for extension is a bad idea
- From: cwitty at newtonlabs dot com (Carl R. Witty)
- Date: 14 Jul 2000 11:21:21 -0700
- Cc: guile at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- References: <EDFD2A95EE7DD31187350090279C6767B50CCB@THRESHER>
Brent Fulgham <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> So, perhaps the GNU project should focus on a common interpreter engine
> (similar to a JVM) that would support multiple high-level language
This would be a great project, but I fear there's a fair bit of basic
research involved; especially if you want to support languages like
Prolog or Haskell.