Re: Guile scanners and parsers

> Hmm, every time you switch to another module, I think.  So that
> clients of Ian's tcl->scheme module can and will use a different
> reader than the "normal" scheme reader.

But this is "switching the scanner we are using to a different scanner" rather
than "changing
the way the scanner we are using works by changing its table".  We could do
this with ordinary scanners generated by lex wrapped in guile modules, we
don't need to be able to specify the table to use from scheme (we specify the
whole driver instead and the table is completely hidden from scheme.)
--
Ian Grant, Computer Lab., New Museums Site, Pembroke Street, Cambridge
Phone: +44 1223 334420          Personal e-mail: iang at pobox dot com