Re: continuation theory (Re: Translators, yet once more)

Michael Livshin <mlivshin@bigfoot.com> writes:
> > Then there is the extra problem of specifying types for module interfaces
> > (the other side of the interface is invisible to the compiler it cannot
> > do type analysis over there).
>
> yes, nice thing for the new module system's wishlist.

The new module system can't import ("open") complete modules.
You have to specify exactly which bindings you want.

The "with" thing has been criticized before (see references in Blume's
dissertation) and I think we should ban it entirely;

(with class/module/whatever (do-something))  is plain evil.

Jost