Re: Multiple independent Guile interpreters

On Wed, Jul 12, 2000 at 10:23:19PM -0500, Jon Trowbridge wrote:
> This is probably a FAQ, but...
>
> Is it possible to embed two or more independent guile interpreters
> into the same program and have them happily co-exist?

I'm not an expert here, but I think not. One of the reasons should be
the garbage collector. Another one -- taking over the main
method. Probably there are more adequate ones...

> If not, is there some schemey magic that could be used to emulate this
> behavior?

Yes! It's called first class environments.  But I think we are waiting
for them in GUILE.

Again a GUILE guru may prove me wrong here.

--
Ivan Toshkov