Re: Translation for extension is a bad idea

"Khimenko Victor" <guile@khim.sch57.msk.ru> writes:

> Conclusion: common target structure to compile language into works Ok
> while conversion to language NOT SPECIALLY designed to be target of
> conversion (and thus with embedded facilities to track things back to
> source level) works bad.

I am not sure but I think ISE's Eiffel implementation still compiles
to C as a intermediate language.  If you add new code, this code is
interpreted first and compiled later ("melting ice").

There's a oberon->c translator which produces better code than
"Jakob" for example.

Jost