Re: Translation for extension is a bad idea

On Wed, Jul 12, 2000 at 12:04:45AM -0700, Michael Vanier wrote:

> > Actually there is already a postfixed dialect for Guile
> > (it's called Sonya).
>
> Sounds fascinating.  What is the status of the Sonya dialect?  Is there any
> documentation/sources available?  And what is the motivation for a postfix
> dialect (other than coolness)?

The place where it was available for download went offline a
few months ago :-/ perhaps I should upload it somewhere else...
hmm... http://zope.gf.com.br/lalo/projects/sonya

As for the motivations... of course, coolness comes first ;-)
by that time, I was enamorated with PostScript, and stack-based
programming really comes in handy sometimes.

But of course the idea was to use it as the base for a
postscript translator sometime in the future. As translators
ended up not happening yet, Sonya was relegated to the limbo of
software projects...

(This, and the facts that I didn't understand what a lot of the
PostScript operators were used for, to emulate them in the
Sonya helper library; that there wasn't a good drawing library
for Guile I could use to really emulate PostScript; and that
nobody really cared about it...)

[]s,
                                               +----
--
          Hack and Roll  ( http://www.hackandroll.org )
            News for, uh, whatever it is that we are.

http://zope.gf.com.br/lalo           mailto:lalo@hackandroll.org
         pgp key: http://zope.gf.com.br/lalo/pessoal/pgp

Brazil of Darkness (RPG)    ---     http://zope.gf.com.br/BroDar