Re: PHP fork project- Guile vs Python vs ?

10-Jul-00 10:04 you wrote:
>     If instead you have seen better examples that have come up since,
>     they should be advertised.  I have not seen anything better that
>     has reached any useable state, and over five years have gone by.

> This is because people have spent the past few years arguing that this
> must be hard because nobody has done it, instead of working on it.

Not exactly true. At least one person (Ian Bicking <ianb@colorstudy.com>)
tried to do it. This thing (TCL->Guile translator) even [almost] works.
Bit he found that it's almost impossible to get any help from guile
developers when it comes down to last stage toward usefullness (and some
things are REAL tricky yet important: for example you want from any language
implemented like *->Guile translator to say about errors in "native" form,
not in guile-encoded form). Perhaps he can better tell about his sorrow
himself (I do not want to cite private mails).