Re: PHP fork project- Guile vs Python vs ?

[Your email address is incomplete so I merely post to the list]
Shawn <sabetts@tiny> writes:

> > As a core Python develper let me comment here that Python is highly
> > unsuited for what you want here. In particular, classic Python does not
> > have continuations or tail-recursion, and has only partial GC. This is
> > enough for Python (which is a great language) but not enough to trnslate
> > (e.g.) Scheme into Python. However, translating Python into Scheme shuold
> > be a 2-week project once a sufficiently module system and object system
> > evolve.
>
> Has a module system and object system been arranged? Is it possible
> for people to start coding it? or has this already started?

I've said that I will post a proposal in jun/jul this year and since
this usually means "you'll see it on august, 1st" I am still in
time. :)

Seriously, the problem was (and is) that GOOPS classes are first class
objects.  I'll have read two more papers which describe a classless
object system for scheme before I can decide what to do.

> Is it possible for people to start coding it?

(use-module (ice-9 syncase)) and start hacking. :)

You can also use GOOPS, if you don't rely on the fact that GOOPS'
classes are first class objects.

Jost