Re: Guile IMHO and a proposal.

> *Guile is an embeddable version of a subset some implementation of Scheme.
> -As there is little documentation this makes for tough work anyone wanting
> to use Guile even if they know another implementation of Scheme.

Actually, this is the one thing I found rather easy about guile.  I
haven't played with it in a while, but the documentation for creating
scheme procedures in c, and calling scheme procedures from c was quite
good, and it was very simple as well.  By reading the tutorial, I had
compiled a program that called scheme functions.

The main drawback I see in Guile is the main() function thing.  I was
looking into writing a mod_scheme for apache using guile, and decided that
most people wouldn't use a source-hacked apache just to host an
expiremental model.  Although I know from this list that it is
theoretically possible to do GC without hacking main(), might it be
simpler to go to a reference-counting model?  I know refcounting
doesn't take care of circular data structures, but is that really a
problem?  It hasn't hurt Perl any.  Anyway, this is probably
out of the question - it would probably change too many things.  However,
if there were a volunteer to move scheme from GC to refcounting, would
there be any objections?

Jon