Re: PHP fork project- Guile vs Python vs ?

Mark Galassi <rosalia@nis.lanl.gov> writes:

> If instead you have seen better examples that have come up since,
> they should be advertised.  I have not seen anything better that
> has reached any useable state, and over five years have gone by.

[...]

> On the other hand, if one of the translators is really working, we should
> all hear about it and it should be distributed in the main guile
> distribution, since it is one of the official goals of the project.

The reason why we haven't seen translators isn't that it's not
possible to write them.

The fact that few people have worked on this is not evidence that the
idea itself is bad.  Example: More effort has been spent on a new
module system than on translators, and we still have to do more to
reach the goal.  Yet, it is clearly possible to write good module
systems for Scheme.