Re: another nit.

On Fri, Jul 07, 2000 at 02:36:36AM +0200, Mikael Djurfeldt wrote:

> > Mikael> Right now, instead of making modifications to the existing and
> > Mikael> working API, we should concentrate on the essential things
> > Mikael> which are still lacking in Guile: ... Orbit CORBA support etc.
> >
> > is anyone working on Orbit CORBA support?
>
> Not that I'm aware of.  Are you interested?
>
> > Would we want R5RS or Goops bindings?
>
> Since CORBA is object oriented, GOOPS will yield the nicest API.

There is a proposed standard for CLOS/CL bindings for CORBA.  It is
available from the OMG site (sorry, don't have the URL with me;
just search for "Lisp").  I've read it, and it seemed to me to be
easily translatable into GOOPS/Scheme.  Perhaps it would be worth
starting the API design from this.

William
--
William Webber                               william@peopleweb.net.au