Re: another nit.

As a maintainer, I think that there should be pretty strong reasons
before we make backward incompatible changes to the Guile API.  I
don't see any reasons strong enough in this case, so we won't make any
change.

Guile should not be perceived as being in a state of total flux.

We plan to make a big revision of the interfaces in the future and
release Guile-2.0.  This is the type of stuff that we should write
down notes about for that future release.

Right now, instead of making modifications to the existing and working
API, we should concentrate on the essential things which are still
lacking in Guile: documentation, module system, compiler, POSIX
threads, Orbit CORBA support etc.