Re: PHP fork project- Guile vs Python vs ?

"Trevor Lowing" <tlowing@hotmail.com> writes:

> There seems to be some indication of module support
> being added, but not much information I could find. Again, a documentation
> issue.

Please wait, I haven't had much time in the last couple of months.

> Would it be faster?

I think it would be difficult to write an evaluator that is faster
than Qscheme.

> Would a PHP interpreter implemented in Guile be fast enough to
> handle the job?

If you compile to R4RS Scheme, you can select any Scheme implementation
you want.

> Since Scheme has been around for quite awhile, how difficult would
> it be to implement modules to provide more advanced functionality
> like special math or graphics libraries?

Have you looked at the Scheme Repository or at the MZScheme packages?

> @hotmail.com>
(please don't send me private mail from hotmail.com, mail.com or
others)

Jost