PHP fork project- Guile vs Python vs ?

Guile/Scheme vs Python vs ?--Any opinions on this? The Python website seemed
to indicate that you agree that the Python license is compatible with the
GPL. Aside from that, there are a lot of issues to consider not the least of
which should be user acceptance.

The only advantage I see to Guile from what I have seen is that GNUCash is
(apparently) using it. Until mainstream apps start using it development will
be slow. Newsgroup postings don't show a very positive attitude toward
Guile. Here is a comment from Christopher Browne posted to comp.lang.lisp ,
"Guile suffered from the problem of nobody working on it for quite a while;
that period appears to be over.  Mind you, there is _still_ not the "systems
integration" done on making it _easy_ to transform it into a compiled form
(e.g. - via "Hobbit") so it is _EASY_ to compile Guile code into fast
machine code, for all that people have suggested that this _could_ be done.

In the long run, librep is likely to suffer from that same problem, that
you're restricted to "however fast the interpreter is," with little recourse
to allow making it faster by compiling to machine language."

Also,the documentation seems pretty slim. Not that this is a unique problem,
but definitly an issue. There seems to be some indication of module support
being added, but not much information I could find. Again, a documentation
issue.

I could go on, but on the surface it appears that Python has many of the
features that Guile wants to have. And Guile comes from a more refined
heritige (scheme)--though Guile itelf appears unpolished.

I really would like the answer to whether Guile would make_a_better language
for implementing a server-side scripting language? Would it be faster? Would
a PHP interpreter implemented in Guile be fast enough to handle the job?
Could it make for a more extensible server-side scripting language? Since
Scheme has been around for quite awhile, how difficult would it be to
implement modules to provide more advanced functionality like special math
or graphics libraries?