Re: Patch to make guile-gtk work with upcoming guile-1.4

On Tue, Jun 20, 2000 at 12:47:33AM +0200, Mikael Djurfeldt wrote:
> "Greg J. Badros" <gjb@cs.washington.edu> writes:
>
> > I'd much prefer that this function not be depracated... notice all of
> > the redundancies and potential maintenance headaches below.  People
> > *will* cut and paste from one section to another, change the *_hook in
> > the first line, and forget to change it in later lines, resulting in a
> > hard-to-find and nasty bug.
>
> I don't think this will cause much problems, and, actually, I think
> the standard interface (scm_make_smob_type/scm_set_smob_xxx) is easier
> to read and intuitively understand.

Doesn't make any sense to me... do people actually change the
free/mark/etc functions for a smob on the fly?

Also, scm_make_smob_type_mfpe() is mentioned in doc/data-rep.texi, which is
where I learned about it from. I had no idea it was 'nonstandard'.

--
C. Ray C. aka Christopher Cramer
crayc@pyro.net