Re: restartable system calls under Linux

> From: "Dale P. Smith" <dpsm@en.com>
> Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 16:17:56 -0400
>
> Well, a simple read() seems to be restartable. I suspect that readline is doing something magic.  Does anyone with more experience than I in unix terminal i/o with readline interaction care to offer
> any suggestions?

I think you are on to something here.  It probably has something to
do with readline: a) I don't have readline enabled and I don't see the
problem b) I tried booting a linux 2.2 kernel and it made no difference
c) grepping the readline 4.0 sources for SIGWINCH shows some suspicious
sigaction calls.

Maybe a solution would be to reset the SA_RESTART flag on the SIGWINCH
handler as part of the readline enabling process?