Re: Creating hooks from C

Keisuke Nishida <kxn30@po.cwru.edu> writes:

> Mikael Djurfeldt <mdj@mdj.nada.kth.se> writes:
>
> > 2. Keep scm_create_hook (name, n_args) as is, except that instead of
> >    adding the name *in* th hook object, it is added as an object
> >    property.
>
> I'd prefer the name scm_c_define_hook or something for consistency with
> snarf macros.

The prefix scm_c_xxx means C version of an existing Scheme primitive
scm_xxx.  (It has been suggested that scm_c_ be used for everything
which is not a Scheme primitive.)

If I remember correctly, I considered the name "scm_define_hook", but
dropped it because scm_create_hook is meant to abstract more than
creating and defining a hook.  It's intended to abstract the creation
of a vanilla application hook, which also includes GC protecting it.