Re: Sharing Guile source

Mikael Djurfeldt <mdj@mdj.nada.kth.se> writes:

> 2. Structure of a module package.
>
> A module could be distributed as a standard GNU tar archive with the
> customary `configure' script.  We could make a template module (such a
> thing already exists, guile-template) or a tool which can generate the
> framework of a module.
>
> 3. Some way of uploading and distributing modules.
>
> We could, for example, use ftp or CVS.
>
> Is there a way to make uploading of packages easy also for new people?

Perhaps it could be a good idea to write a module management utility
(as a Guile script, for instance) that'd get installed with Guile
(xemacs has it, so...)

If you all it gmm (Guile Module Manager), you could do things like

gmm --template <dependancies etc>      Generates a template module
gmm --update <CVS or ftp source>       Update module tree
gmm --update-template                  Change the configure files (according
                                       to some spec)

etc.

--
How to eff the ineffable?