Re: Removing things from numbers.h

    Marius> Dirk Herrmann <dirk@ida.ing.tu-bs.de> writes:

    >> Is it OK to just remove these from numbers.h, or do we have to
    >> assume that people have used these definitions in their own
    >> code?

    Marius> While I have not investigated your proposed changes in
    Marius> detail, I'd say it is OK to just remove these macros from
    Marius> the public interface of Guile.  There should be more clean
    Marius> alternatives avaliable.

There definately should be clean alternatives available, but please
consider how much backward compadibility should be maintained for
older packages.  I've checked some of my older code and give
alternatives I could patch them pretty easily, but then they won't
work with older versions of guile (probably not that serious).

Cheers,

Clark