Re: Newbie again. Oracle. DLL calls

   From: "Peter C. Norton" <spacey@lenin.nu>
   Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 01:13:53 -0700

   It's possible to do what you want.  I started work on this, and got
   sidetracked.  I want to try to do it with swig once guile support is
   relatively stable again.  The size of OCI makes it daunting, and I
   think that it'd require too many smob's to just full export oci's
   full interface into guile - some wrapping and packaging will have to
   be done.

the cvs version of swig has not had changes to its guile-support for
about a month.  this could be due to lack of use, or stability from
current users.  perhaps someone could try this version out on the oci?
this would greatly help flush out bugs in swig, which is welcome.

note also that (cvs version) swig supports mzscheme as of 17-apr.  this
may be a more attractive target than guile, i dunno.

my suggestion would be to use swig to generate the low-level glue code,
and also additionally build a high-level interface (perhaps implementing
existing designs -- insert acronym buzzword list here).

thi