Re: Bug: system libguile.h included before local one.

On Tue, 25 Apr 2000, Dirk Herrmann wrote:

> Due to the change of the include mechanism, I have the problem, that the
> line
>   #include <libguile.h>
> in gc.h refers to my system's libguile.h in /usr/local/include/ instead of
> the one in the make directory tree.  Probably the src directory should be
> put at the very front of the list of the include directories.

Stupid me:  The problem is not a question of ordering the accesses, but
rather the fact, that libguile.h will in contrast to most other files be
installed directly in $prefix/include rather than in
$prefix/include/libguile.  To solve this problem, we could move libguile.h
directly into the top level directory, we could leave libguile.h in the
libguile subdirectory and require everybody to include it as
<libguile/libguile.h>, or we could have a separate include directory
within the top level directory and add -I../include to the include
directories.  However, I'm not an auto{conf|make} expert and can't tell
whether this is a good idea or not.  Maybe there are other possibilities
that I haven't thought of.

Best regards
Dirk Herrmann