Re: Names in libguile

Mikael Djurfeldt <mdj@mdj.nada.kth.se> writes:

> "Greg J. Badros" <gjb@cs.washington.edu> writes:
>
> > perhaps dev/ and dev/in-progress/ for the not-ready-for-prime-time
> > stuff.
>
> Is devel/ and devel/nodist/ OK?
>
> If yes, I'll add them now.
>
> (dev/ means "devices" for me.  Also, I thought nodist/ was more to the
>  point since it is not certain that the reason why the document isn't
>  included in the distribution is that it is in progress.)

Again, I prefer that all such documents are included in the
distribution-- it's twenty times harder for someone w/o CVS access to
find those files if they want to take a peek (perhaps because we point
them at the document when they ask a question).

Guile is still far enough away from being a slick polished library that
I think everything in CVS should be packaged up for users, still.

Thus, I prefer devel/ and devel/in-progress and the latter can have a
README to the effect that the documents are meant for developers,
shouldn't be trusted completely, and can largely be ignored unless
you're hacking the code.

Greg