Re: guile bugs?

Keisuke Nishida <kxn30@po.cwru.edu> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Are these Guile's bugs?
>
> * There is no line "#include <libguile/validate.h>" in libguile.h

Probably should be there; I'll add it.

> * Why not use scm_assq in set-object-property! ?

Seems better to me, too.  Comments?  (I didn't write this code...)

<snip>

> * guile-doc-snarf produces
>
> (acons key value alist)
> Adds a new key-value pair to @var{alist}.  A new pair is\n"

<snip>

> I guess the \n" at the end of each line is unnecessary, isn't it?
> I also think \n is not needed in the C files either since doc-strings
> will never be processed by the C compiler.

To be ANSI C, we had to change from my original docstring format where I
just directly embedded actual newline characters in a long, multi-line
string to use implicit string concatenation w/ each line a literal
string suffixed by \n.  I didn't update guile-doc-snarf.awk.in after
that change, and I need to.  We do need the \n in the C files, though,
but not in the outputted doc-string plain-text "database".

Thanks!  I'll have this fixed by end of day.

> I sent the upper two to bug-guile, but I had no response...

I need to re-check my subscription to that since I don't think I'm
receiving mail from that list.

Thanks,
Greg