Glade with Guile Emacs

Sascha Ziemann <szi@aibon.ping.de> writes:

> | It sounds great.  So we can use Glade to design a GUI, and then
> | control it by writing scheme scripts?
>
> Glade is based on the idea, that your GUI is static and does not
> change.  You specify a GUI with Glade, save it in an XML file and run
> at the beginning of your program a "build GUI from XML".
>
> There is nothing in Emacs where such a static approche would be of any
> help.

Isn't it possible to create some part of widgets dynamically
and control them over guile-gtk?  That is, isn't it possible
to write scheme scripts like this?

  (define main-window (glade-create "widget-name1"))
  (define some-button (glade-create "widget-name2"))

  (gtk-container-add main-windw some-button)

If this is possible, I guess I could write such a Guile Emacs
interface that makes effects on those widgets dynamically
whenever people evaluated a gtk function.  (Just type `M-C-x'
on the expression to add a button to the window!)

If this becomes possible, I guess it will help people a lot.