Re: About modules

Clark McGrew <mcgrew@ale.physics.sunysb.edu> writes:

> From R5RS: "The intent is that this procedure [interaction-environment]
> will return the environment in which the implementation would evaluate
> expressions dynamically typed by the user."
>
> That sounds tailor made for the default environment.

Yes of course.  I somehow thought that interaction-environment should
have the current REPL associated with it ("dynamically typed by the
user") which would make it unusable from C level, but that's not the case.

To summarize:

* gh_ functions like `gh_load' must correspond to their scheme
  counterparts
* all other gh_ functions must be backward compatible
* environment aware gh_ functions are obsolete

Thanks,
Jost