This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Guile project.
gh_ interface for modules.
- To: GUILE at SOURCEWARE dot CYGNUS dot COM
- Subject: gh_ interface for modules.
- From: satchell at merry dot dera dot gov dot uk
- Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2000 17:20:00 GMT
- Reply-To: satchell at merry dot dra dot hmg dot gb
How about a compatibility interface that works like this?
For the gh_ calls that need an environment pointer (like gh_define ), keep the
existing API with the environment selected by a static variable. The variable
should be initialised to something usable (maybe corresponding to guile-user).
An additional call is added to set the static environment variable to an
alternatiive value. This is obviously not going to work well if you play games
with threads and environments. But for the common case, where you just want to
define a bunch of stuff in C, often as initialisation, it would work nicely.