This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Guile project.
Re: About modules
- To: jostobfe at calvados dot zrz dot TU-Berlin dot DE
- Subject: Re: About modules
- From: Clark McGrew <mcgrew at ale dot physics dot sunysb dot edu>
- Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2000 13:43:59 -0500
- CC: clark dot mcgrew at sunysb dot edu, guile at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- References: <E12SRDh-0000SRfirstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: clark dot mcgrew at sunysb dot edu
>>>>> "Jost" == Jost Boekemeier <firstname.lastname@example.org.TU-Berlin.DE> writes:
Jost> Clark McGrew <email@example.com> writes:
>> Is it easy to leave the existing gh_ calling sequences along
>> and define the new names for the new (preferred) gh_calls?
Jost> The problem is: in which environment should an expression be
Jost> evaluated? There is no "contains everything" environment
Jost> anymore, altough it is possible to create one.
I think it's important that gh_ not require using the scm_ interface.
Does (or will) gh_ provide some way to get the environment pointers
needed for gh_define, gh_load and gh_eval?
Anyway, I'd rather see the environments merged into guile and have gh_
be unstable for a while than wait.