This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Guile project.
Re: About modules
- To: clark dot mcgrew at sunysb dot edu
- Subject: Re: About modules
- From: Klaus Schilling <Klaus dot Schilling at munich dot netsurf dot de>
- Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 17:45:41 +0100 (CET)
- Cc: jostobfe at calvados dot zrz dot TU-Berlin dot DE, guile at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- References: <email@example.com><E12SRDh-0000SRfirstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-To: Klaus dot Schilling at munich dot netsurf dot de
Clark McGrew writes:
> You mentioned that you're environments patch will break the gh
> interface. Is there a summary someplace of what is broken? (I'd
> guess that stuff like gh_scm2long, and gh_long2scm are OK, but
> gh_define is broken).
I fear it goes rather deep.
> Is it easy to leave the existing gh_ calling sequences along and
> define the new names for the new (preferred) gh_calls? Then the
> current names could be marked as deprecated (and probably removed from
> gh.h). This would keep existing code from breaking, but would
> encourage the use of the new functions.
> If it's not easy, then I'd rather see the gh_ stuff change and get
> the new environment patchs than wait any longer on environments.